Pressure Cooker Chicken
Quick and easy one pot chicken dinner
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 4 or 5 chicken thighs or legs
- 1 16 Oz. bottle of Italian dressing (I prefer a fat free for this)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic
- Italian seasoning to taste
- A couple ounces of wine
- 2TBSP Olive oil
- 6-8 small potatoes or 2-3 large ones
- Marinate the chicken in the dressing overnight. In the fridge, of course.
- Pour the oil in the cooker and and use medium heat to brown the chicken. I go about 5 minutes a side. This really helps lock in flavor. Save the marinade, you’ll need thin later.
- While that’s happening slice the onion into ¼ to ½ inch sliced and cut in half.
- Peel and press the garlic with a knife.
- Set aside for now.
- Peel/wash potatoes as desired. Cut the potatoes in pieces about the size of half of your fist and place in the steaming basket.
- When done browning the chicken, set aside. Cook the onions and garlic until translucent. About 5 minutes.
- De-glaze the pan with the wine. Pour in the marinade. return the chicken to pan. Sprinkle the Italian Seasoning on the top.
- Place the steaming basket with potatoes on top of that. Put the cover on the pressure cooker and crank the heat up high. When it reaches pressure (about 5 minutes) turn the heat down to a little less than half and set your timer for 8 minutes. When done remove from heat and let pressure release naturally (not quick release).
- Potatoes can be eaten as is, or will mash quite well with your favorite method.
- Chicken will be moist and very yummy.
I do this in a 6½ quart stainless steel stove top pressure cooker. You will also need a steaming insert. The times here are: About 15 minutes for browning and cutting up the veggies. About 5 or 6 to get up to pressure. About 8 cooking About 10 for natural pressure release. All that adds up to around 40 minutes or so.